Induction is a programme that every company make for new employees who are selected to join the company. Traditionally induction programme being conducted as manually like sent the employees to a programme that conducted at least 3 days or until one week. Usually government more preferred to do the induction programme about a week rather that private organization just do within 3 days.
Through induction programme new employees can get know about company background in more detail, culture of the company, the top management and else. Inductions programme usually being conducted like having classroom style and added with refreshment games. Usually HR personnel are managing this induction programme.
In this new era, the emergence of technology required company to have the online induction system. This online induction system can help the HR personnel work easier because the new employees just need to have the password and just logon the online induction system to have the induction by them. They just sit in a place that connected with intranet line and start to read the entire requirement that need in the induction programme.
According to Kelly Rainer, 2007 stated that online induction system is a system online employee induction system which is easily manage and reporting of the induction process of new employees to expose new employee in their new environment organizations and promotion requirement.
HOW ONLINE INDUCTION IS WORK?
Firstly as we know online induction system is required an intranet connection because it some of confidential to a company. The new employees who are joining the company will have the password and acid id to make them able to access the system. The input is the passwords of the new employees need to have to access the system.
Data based here means the online induction itself. How the system help the new employees with this induction programme. Basically the system will help the new employees easily to access the system because the system itself is a friendly user. The system will provide a lot of information that the new employees need to have and it is exactly will be the same as manual induction programme. The information will be the same like top management information, department information and also the company culture.
Data based also help the new employees to get know their bosses very well because this online induction system provide a complete information about the background of their bosses.
Lastly the output means what the new employees can get from this online induction system. The new employees are able to get know about their company background with detail information with no intermediaries so the information cannot be manipulated.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE INDUCTION PROGRAMME
1. Reduce time consuming like before this induction programme will be conducted within one week but after having the online induction it just required a day induction.
2. Attractive and friendly user.
3. Deliver procedures; provide documents and online surveys to new employees.
4. Have good reputation of company (image corporate)
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE INDUCTION PROGRAMME
1. High cost for small organization. That means the system itself required a lot of money to be implement it. Only big companies are affordable to have this system.
2. Lack of supervision that means the new employees are made the online induction by themselves without guidance. With this situation the new employees may be get use the intranet connection with wrongly.
3. Probability to lose the data is high. This is due to the system that we use. When the computer or the systems itself were attack by virus all the data cannot be save. In this situation the data may be lost if the company are not having the backup data on that.
Information technology is used to support an organization’s development since the information technologies and systems are fast becoming a necessary ingredient for business success in today’s dynamic global environment. To have the good reputation, company start to have the systematic procedure like online induction programme.
Ref: Kelly Rainer, 2007, Human Resource Information System 2009, Sage Publication.